Saturday, October 29, 2016

Dasakam 40 Prarthanaa-Prayer.


Dasakam 40  Prarthanaa-Prayer.

(These are prayers addressed to the Goddess  by the poet)

By
P.R.Ramachander

1.AAdhyethi vidhyethi   cha kadhyathe  yaa,
Yaa chodhayedh  budhim upasakasya ,
Dhyayaami  thaameva   sadhaapi sarva ,
Chaithanya roopaam  bhava  mochanim thaam.

1.I always meditate  on you  who is called  ,
As “Primeval”  and Knowledge”, who makes,
The brain of her devotees   shine, Who has ,
Is the power which is in all  beings and  who,
Gives us  freedom from the sorrow caused  by Samsara.

2.Prathishtaantha  karensthu   vaang may,
Vadhaami  sathyam  na vadamhyasathyam,
Sathyokthirenam   paripaathu  maam may,
Srutham cha  maa vismruthumethu  maatha.

2.Let my words  be permanently  embedded  in my mind,
Let me always speak the truth. Let me never tell a lie,
Let  my truthful   words   ever look after me,
Oh mother, ;et whatever I heard be in my memory.

3,Thejaswi  may adhihamajasramasthu,
Ma ma  paradwesha mathischa  devi,
Karomi  veeryaani  samam surudbhidara,
Vidhyaa  paraa  saaavathu  maam pramaadhaath.

3.Let whatever  I have learnt be always lustrous,
Oh Goddess, let there not be hatread in me  towards others,
Let me do my    duty towards   my friends,
Let my divine knowlwdge save me from mistakes.

4.Thwam raksha  may prana   sareera karma-,
Jnaendriyaanth  karanaani  devi,
Bhavanthu  dharmaa mayi  vaidhikaasthe,
Niraakruthiormaasthu  midha  krupaardhre.

4.Oh Goddess  , please protect, soul, organs ,
For actions  andwisdom , my  mind and body,
Let   the ritual duties  come and join in me,
Oh merciful goddess, let us never parts from each other.

5.Yath sruyathe  yath  khalu  drusyathe cha,
Thadasthu  badram  sakalam   yajathre,
Thwaam  samsthuvannasthasamastha  roga,
Aayu  shive   deva hitham nayaani.

5,Let whatever  I hear and whatever I see,
Do good to me by her for whose desire,
The Yajnas are performed. Oh consort of Shiva,
Oh doer of the auspicious, let me be able to pray you,
And  get rid of all  diseases and live ,
The life span that  is granted by devas.

6.  Avignamaathviha   viswatho  may,
Jnanam prasanna mama  budhirasthu,
Naaveva   sindhum  duritham  samastham,
Thwasevayaivaathitharaami  devi.

6.Wisdom should flow and reach me   from all places,
Without any blockage.let my intelligence sparkle,
Oh Goddess ,  due to my serving you ,I would cross,
All my sorrows just like I cross   the sea on a ship.

7.Orvaarakam  bandhanatho  yadaiva,
Thadaiva  muchyeya  cha karma paasath,
THwaam  tryambakam keerthimatheem  yajeya,
Sanmaargatho maam  naya viswamatha.

7.I must be able to get detached from Karma  ,
Just like   a cucumber getting free of its ties,
I worship you with three eyes and who has great fame,
OH mother of the universe , lead me in good path.

8.Ksheenaayusho  mruthyugathaan  swasakthyaa,
Deergaayusho  veetha  bhayaan  karoshi,
Sangachatha   samvadathascha   sarvaan,
Paro[akaarai  karathaan  kurushva.

8,To the people   whose life span is over   and who are dead,
Just by your power  you give back their life and also fearlessness,
Please make them all united, speaking in one voice,
And ones interested in helping others.

9.Marthyo hyaaham balisa budhireva,
Dharmaanibijno  apyaaparadha  krucha,
Haa durlabham  may  kapihastha  pushpa,
Sumaalyavaath seernamidham   nrujanma.

9Am I not a human being ?Do I not  have a mature brain?
But In spite of it  I do not know Dharma and am ,
Keeping on doing mistakes and thus  this rare  birth,
As a human being is  torn in to  totters,
Like the garland   which fell in to the hand of monkey.

10. Yadha padhaa  vaari  yadhaa  cha gau  swam,
Vathsam  thadhaa dhaavathu   maam manasthe ,
Viswaani  paapaani  vinasaya may  yadh,
Badram  shiva  dehi  thadarthi hanthri  .

10. Like   the water  travelling in path, like cow  moving,
Towards its calf like that  let my mind come before you,
Of destroyer of  worries and sorrows, Oh doer  of ,
Auspecious deeds, Oh goddess  of the universe,
Destroy all my sinsand bless me to come before you.

11.Bahukthibhi  kim  vidhithasthwayaaham,
Puthra sisusthe   na  cha vedhbhi  kinchith,
Aagacha  payaani  mukharavindam,
Paadambujaabhyaam sathatham   namasthe,

11.What is yje need to say more , as you know me,
I am your child    who does not know anything,
Please come here for I want to see    your .,
Lotus like face,Always my salutations to your lotus like feet

No comments:

Post a Comment